Saturday, May 03, 2014

Biblioholics Anonymous: update for 2014

Hi, I’m Tiel, and… I’m a biblioholic.

I was raised by biblioholics. Both my parents were avid readers, and they created an enabling environment.

There were books all over the house when I was growing up, so I could get a fix any time I wanted. In fact, my own brother turned me on to books by teaching me to read, at the age of four.

My habit is out of control, I admit that my habit is out of control. I recognize that my habit is out of control, because:

I have spent money on books that should have been saved for food and rent
I read myself to sleep several times a week
I sometimes read as a way of avoiding dealing with social or personal problems
I often read when I’m alone, and
I almost always read until the book is finished.

When we ran out of room for bookcases in our house, I thought I’d gone as low as I could go.

But now there’s Kindle.

And so I’m giving myself into the hands of a higher power, because I recognize that my will power alone is not sufficient. I believe this higher power has a plan for me, and that the plan is:

READ MORE BOOKS

Available! High-Voltage Lines, Knocking from Inside

No comments: