Saturday, November 21, 2020

There’s Good News of Vaccines

Bone Man’s on my porch this morning with a handful of turkey feathers.
See? This one’s for Grandma. This one, Aunt Mo. Uncle Ree.
You want them? Come get them.

Bone Man, you’re a sore loser! You chased all the fake skeletons indoors
because you can’t stand competition. Hung around the polling places
but you couldn’t scare people off voting.
Take your poisoned feathers away.

No worries. I’ll be back next month. I’ll bring you a set of tiny snowmen,
one for each person you love. You can breathe on them
and melt them away.


You do that. I’ll be waiting with a sledgehammer.
I’ll shatter your bones and carve them into piano keys.
Then I’ll set up in the middle of the street and play while all my neighbors
lean out of their windows and sing the “Ode to Joy.”

Books Available
The Day of My First Driving Lesson
Country Well-Known as an Old Nightmare's Stable
High-Voltage Lines
Knocking from Inside

No comments: