Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Biblioholics Anonymous

Hi, I'm Tiel, and I'm a biblioholic.

I was raised by biblioholics. Both my parents were avid readers. In fact my own brother turned me on to books by teaching me to read at the age of four. When I was growing up, there were always books lying around the house, so I could get a fix any time I wanted.

I recognize that my habit is out of control because:

--I have spent money on books that should have gone for food, rent, or clothing
--I often read when I'm alone
--I sometimes read as a way of avoiding social problems
--I almost always read until the book is finished.

Books have taken over my life. Every morning when I wake up, I reach for a book, and I can't get to sleep without reading.

I have to believe there's hope for people like me, but I'm afraid that I'll raise my children to be biblioholics as well.

No comments: