Thursday, June 09, 2005

Tag, I'm It

Thanks, Mushtaq.

1. Total number of books I'’ve owned:

Well, as my previous post shows, this is kind of an... issue.

I asked Todd to do a ballpark estimate on our house. He thinks we have about 3000 books. I'm going to guess our lifetime ownership to date at between two and three times that-- we routinely take books to used book stores, and most of the technical books we can't even resell because they go out of date so fast.

2. Last book I bought:

We mostly buy books online; they arrive at our house in a never-ending stream. Book most recently received? Most recently ordered? I don't actually know the answer to either of those right now.

3. Last book I read: Hallowed Hunt by Lois Bujold

4. Five books that mean a lot to me:

Dune by Frank Herbert
The Illuminated Rumi transl. Coleman Barks
Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
anything by Steven J. Gould
The Design of Everyday Things by Donald Norman

Now, who to pass this to?

Todd

Terry

Unfortunately I don't know that many people with blogs. Why doesn't Steve Perry have one?

No comments: