Thursday, November 15, 2007

News...

Well, November has been and will probably remain mostly a bust, in terms of writing poetry. I am working hard on my novel draft and am up to about 42,000 words total (you can follow my progress in more detail here). Apparently 2000 words a day of prose is about all the verbal creativity I can handle.

But in other news...

Daniel Abdal-Hayy Moore will be publishing my collection, Knocking From Inside, through his imprint, Ecstatic Exchange. God willing, it will be available by the first of the year. I'll post a formal announcement when that happens.

I am very excited... we've been working together on editing it, and he and I both feel it's a very strong collection. Plus it's a thrill for me to work with someone who's also a Sufi poet and an experienced professional.

Watch this site for more news!

If you like poetry, check out the weekly prompt site at Totally Optional Prompts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're awfully busy these days! Congratulations on the collection! If you would like to participate, I've tagged you for a poetry advice meme that's making its way around the poet-blog world. My feelings won't be hurt if you choose not to, but I thought of you because I'd love to here what advice you'd give new poets.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Oh gosh, I seem to be following round this girl tagging the same people!

If you're not too busy with your novel I'd also be interested in your thoughts!