Saturday, September 06, 2008

Lost in a Wrinkle

From the top of this mountain, I can almost touch the moon
This mountain is so high, I think I can touch the moon
Can't go no higher, Lord, I'll come down pretty soon.

The desert is so empty that it's hard to find a track
This desert is so empty, I can't even find a track
My God calls my name, I can't find how to get back.

Back from the desert, back from the hill
My God calls my name out, He calls me still
I can't find the path through my grief and my fear
I'd go to be with Him, but He is here.

I'm wandering the valleys and high places of this land
I'm lost among the mountains and the forests and the sand
I'm lost inside a wrinkle in the palm of God's own hand.

Collection available! Knocking from Inside

2 comments:

Rethabile said...

Get a guitar in there and chant along.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful song!