Monday, October 06, 2008

Nearer Thee

I kneel before Thee: hear my prayer.
God, guide us on a path that's straight
and should we fail beneath the weight

deliver us from all despair
from fear of loss and crippling grief
and strengthen us in our belief.

God, make us grateful for our share:
the sunset when each day is past
the moon that marks our holy fast

the food we eat, the clothes we wear
the rain that blesses thirsty soil
the dark that rests us from all toil.

My God, who made both earth and air
as now I rise from bended knee
grant that I may come nearer Thee.


Collection available! Knocking from Inside

1 comment:

poefusion said...

Your poem speaks from the heart so candidly. This is a beautiful tribute to God. And, I'm quite sure you will be nearer to God when the time is right. Beautifully written. Have a nice day.