Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Few Short Lines

Are you there,
Beloved?

Cry of the
Desolate heart.
Eye in the wilderness,
Flesh telescope—
Gazing beyond
Heaven's ceiling
Into God's eye.

Join me.
Know what I know:
Love.

Made flesh, but
Not forever,
Only for a time
Pass through the world
Quietly.

Random movement
Strange encounters.
Truth is nothing you can
Use; but
Valuable nonetheless.

Why? Limbs sprawl
X-shaped against
Your headstone.
Zero hour.

Again,
Begin.

Come through the
Desert holding an
Egg from some
Fabulous bird
Given free like grace.

Hatch into wings
Iridescent silver.
Join me.
Know what I know:
Love.

Collection available! Knocking from Inside

6 comments:

poefusion said...

This poem is so good, so tender. I love it. Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tiel:

This is a lovely poem. A charm to keep the heart open.

Barbara LaM

Barbara LaM said...

Not really anonymous Tiel. Just ungoogled.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Ooo I love this! Love how you started the alphabet again and left us hanging on L. Love the dialog and the grace and the truth... !! Thank you!!

Mary Lee said...

Simply lovely.

Simple (but deceptively complex) and full of love.

laurasalas said...

This is gorgeous. Gives me a moment's peace as I start my day.