Thursday, January 05, 2012

January Reflections

This morning's light was so intensely blue
it was like walking underwater. Each
day now sees a little more of day.

I found myself incapable of speech,
half-dazzled and half-drowned, a fish on land
this morning's light was so intensely blue.

As I lay gasping on the daylight strand
a dreamer hauled from sleep too fast to wake
I found myself incapable of speech.

What hook had caught me, what strange sportsman's take
I was, I could not know or even guess
as I lay gasping on the daylight strand.

The days grow longer now. I wake and bless
the sun's return, the promise of the year.
What hook had caught me, what strange sportsman's take--

awake, I laugh at dreamers and their fears.
This morning's light was so intensely blue
with sun's return, the promise of the year.
Each day now sees a little more of day.

Collection available! Knocking from Inside

No comments: