Monday, April 23, 2012

My Twin

The soul I met while walking on the path
my mirror-shifted, shadow-shaped reflection,
my twin, my sister, severed other half.

We once were one, but some divisive math
has made us two. We touched, in brief connection,
the soul I met while walking on the path

and I. We shared a tear, we shared a laugh
but what we couldn't share was a direction.
My twin, my sister, severed other half

why do you go where I cannot? What wrath
raised flaming swords between us in protection?
The soul I met while walking on the path

was speechless, sightless, leaning on a staff
or was it I was halt and blind? Correction:
my twin, my sister, severed other half

walks ways that cross my way, beyond the gap
between the day and dream. I'm her projection,
the soul I met while walking on the path,
my twin, my sister, severed other half.

Collection available! Knocking from Inside

No comments: