Friday, August 31, 2012

Bad Cat Blues


It was early in the morning when the bad little cat came in
With his fur all full of dust and his heart all full of sin
Got a mouthful of kibble and he goes back out again.

I don't know who feeds him when he ain't hanging round
Don't know where he sleeps at night when the rain's a fallin' down
All I know is he's a bad cat, the baddest cat in town.

Neighbor says he killed a crow and left it in her yard
He never brought me nothing, that bad cat broke my heart
When your bad cat does you wrong, well I tell you life is hard.

Everybody knows that cat around in our neighborhood
He eats in other houses and he sleeps wherever he could
They tell me cats are always bad, like dogs are always good.

Fifteen minutes in my lap, then he left me all alone
Walked off like a feral tom with no use for house or home
Swear I'm gonna boil him down for a black cat mojo bone.

Available! High-Voltage Lines, Knocking from Inside

1 comment:

Steve Perry said...

I'm working on the chords ...