Saturday, April 23, 2016

Apostrophe

for Jay Lake

We've been to the Waterfront Blues Festival twice since you died

The second time, I wore a black dress and a long string of white polythene beads

You would like the new Pope-- he has a great sense of humor

I have a collection of your short stories but I haven't read it yet

George R. R. Martin hasn't gotten any further with Game of Thrones and now the TV series is off book

I got the white beads at the first Waterfront Festival after you died

Google's come up with a self-driving car but people don't trust it

Marijuana is legal now and not just for dying people

Flying Pie Pizza is still on Stark Street

I didn't want the beads but the man giving them away looked just like you.


Available! High-Voltage Lines, Knocking from Inside

1 comment:

Sonia Lyris said...

I just now saw this. Beautiful. Thank you.