Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Ambi-moustrous

Reconfigured my desk as a standing workspace, which involved putting laptop, monitor, and keyboard up on a couple of big plastic boxes. As a result, my work mouse is now on the right, and my home laptop is on a different table with the mouse on the left.

I'm not noticing this feels any different. So much for any left brain/right brain stuff that might have been going on. I am now prepared to declare myself fully "ambi-moustrous." Still strongly right-handed in everyday life...

My work laptop has the little slider to cover the camera, and I keep it closed. Not prepared to let my co-workers look at the inside of my house; it seems a lot more intrusive than just talking, and if I have to present I can share my screen. I realize it's easier for people to follow what I'm saying if they can see me, though, so I'm considering putting up a sheet or something behind me. Weird, to be both isolated and experiencing a loss of privacy.

Available! High-Voltage Lines, Knocking from Inside

No comments: