Thursday, June 25, 2020

It'll Be Over When It's Over

Oh, show me rain when I'm feared of fire
Show me peace in the face of strife
Show me the road to my heart's desire
Write me a line in the Book of Life.

It'll be over when it's over
Not when they say that it's done.
It'll be over when it's over, Lord
Not when I walk away from the sun.

Every day snatched from the Bone Man's jaws
Every life saved by a doctor, a nurse
Every step into fairer laws
The Book of Life grows by a verse.

It'll be over when it's over
We won't get to declare the win.
It'll be over when it's over, Lord
Some time we'll remember where we've been.

So much struggle to save the dying
So much work to build a just land
We write a few lines and we keep on trying
The Book of Life needs every hand.

It'll be over when it's over
You know all I can do is my best.
I don't have to wait for it to be over
To give myself just a minute's rest.

Books Available
Country Well-Known as an Old Nightmare's Stable
High-Voltage Lines
Knocking from Inside

1 comment:

Ruth said...

So true! When it's over, not when we decide it is!