Friday, December 04, 2020

Staying up Late with Santana

Staying up late in self-isolation
Dancing to Santana, singing the blues
When the walls rush in, what do you do?
When the walls rush in, what do you do?

Taking long walks in the silent city
Working my yard and waiting for news
When the walls rush in, what do you do?
When the walls rush in, oh what do you do?

Everyone’s mask hides some desperation
Everyone’s mask is soaking in tears
Staying up late in self-desolation
Looking for courage to drown out my fears

When the walls rush in…

Singing a language I never have learned
Speaking in tongues and telling the truth
When the walls rush in, I will be with you
When the walls rush in, I will be with you.

Books Available
The Day of My First Driving Lesson
Country Well-Known as an Old Nightmare's Stable
High-Voltage Lines
Knocking from Inside

No comments: