Saturday, November 06, 2021

November 2021

Today the Ooligan wears a cloak of grey mist
edged with yellow: the maples are turning
and green: dark dripping firs.
Today the Ooligan is full to the brim.
Alders stand with their feet submerged
and lift grateful arms.
I too am grateful
for the breaking of drought.
For the quickening of life: careful crowds
on the streets of my neighborhood.
For a glimpse of rainbow over the cliffs.

Today the Ooligan wears a cloak of silver rain
edged with gold and garnet: vine maple,
Oregon grape, elderberry.
Today the Ooligan smiles at the sky.

Books Available
The Day of My First Driving Lesson
Country Well-Known as an Old Nightmare's Stable
High-Voltage Lines
Knocking from Inside

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I hope you don't mind that I included a link to this beautiful poem in tomorrow's Poetry Friday roundup, since I'm hosting this week.

Jone said...

I love this opening line: Today the Ooligan wears a cloak of grey mist