Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A Bottle Of Djinn

Atrocious title, I know..

The cobwebs flutter by the swinging door,
the dust disturbed swirls heavy in the air,
an empty bottle rolls across the floor.

He comes, not knowing what may be in store.
With heavy mortal breath, he climbs the stair,
the cobwebs flutter by the swinging door.

The stopper's out! A rush of breath, before
a cloud of smoke uncoils in the air.
An empty bottle rolls across the floor.

"O Son of Earth, my freedom you've restored.
What service will you have of me, here where
the cobwebs flutter by the swinging door?"

"O Son of Fire, I'll not enslave you. Nor
make I a wish except in form of prayer.
Let empty bottles roll across the floor!"

The spiders spin all undisturbed once more.
No prisoner nor rescuer is there.
The cobwebs hang still by the swinging door,
an empty bottle lies upon the floor.

No comments: