Friday, March 20, 2020

Sunup

I still get up at 6:30, even though I don't have to be "at work" until 8:00.

At first, when I thought it was short-term, I wanted to stay on my normal schedule rather than go through another Daylight Savings-type adjustment. That's not true, by the way. I never really believed we would be back to "normal" by April 1st. So at first, I think it was just inertia.

But I'm coming to enjoy having this time to myself. I get up, take the dog out, and give him his morning biscuit. Then he goes back to bed, and I have an hour or more to drink coffee and think about things. And write.

At 6:30, the sun's not up yet but the sky is light. Still cold enough to need the space-heater for the first while. It's quiet, no traffic on the streets. The lawnmowers won't be out until later in the morning.

Caffeine levels are nominal, we have lift-off.

Available! High-Voltage Lines, Knocking from Inside

No comments: