Sunday, April 12, 2020

One full month

I started the plague journal March 12th, 31 days ago.

At that time, Oregon had had several COVID-19 cases diagnosed, but no deaths yet. School closure had been declared, but went into effect the next day, March 13th. The 13th was also my last day physically at work.

That weekend there was overnight snow. It seems like a long time ago.

Oregon went into official stay-at-home somewhat later: I didn't really track it since I was already well into the physical and mental adjustments required. Earlier this week, all 50 states finally went into some version of lockdown or stay-home: Wyoming was the last holdout. A number of US territories are also under orders.

But I'm trying not to worry about anything outside my own city right now. I only have so much heart to spare. Yesterday I walked three blocks of Alberta (see "Dear Customer") and went home in tears.

Available! High-Voltage Lines, Knocking from Inside

No comments: