Sunday, May 30, 2021

Still Life with Sunflowers

I stare out the window
                                and forget the right names of things.

I see something like a scrubbing brush standing on end,
                                a green brush with scattered pink bristles.

I see a yellow box with a shingled lid.

Something lurks under a plastic shroud
                                like a mothballed Panzer tank.

I see Lego bricks. Are there grey Lego bricks? They have holes in them.

Behind the xylophone – How silly, to leave a xylophone
                                standing on edge like that

there is a row of suns.
                                I’ve been in here a long time.
I’d like to touch the suns.

Books Available
The Day of My First Driving Lesson
Country Well-Known as an Old Nightmare's Stable
High-Voltage Lines
Knocking from Inside

No comments: