Sunday, March 06, 2022

Ukraine Blues

Got to scrub a sink full of dishes
Sweep off my porch with the broom
Wash up a house full of linens
Dust out the corners of every room

So much that I got to do, Lord
Road it is long and river is deep
So much that I got to do now
Before I lay me down to sleep

Got to go buy me a hammer
Go by the grocery store
Pick up some stamps at the PO
See if my bank will let me in the door

So much work that’s to do, Lord
Road it is long and river is deep
So much work that’s to do now
Before I lay me down to sleep

Got to go load up my rifle
Make up some anti-tank bombs
Learn how to fire a missile
War’s gonna be here, it won’t be long

So much that I need to do, Lord
River is deep and road’s very long
So much that I need to do now
War is coming and I got to be strong,
war is coming and I got to be strong.

Books Available
Dervish Lions
The Day of My First Driving Lesson
Country Well-Known as an Old Nightmare's Stable
High-Voltage Lines
Knocking from Inside

No comments: