Monday, September 12, 2022

Air quality: moderate and grey

Last night, a trace of rain, a breath of petrichor. This morning, damp grass underfoot. Air quality still only Moderate.

It's less that the sky is grey, and more that the air is grey, and dense with both humidity and smoke, and cuts off any sense of depth or distance.

The lavender is spent; the mint, almost. No dandelions have bloomed since I last weed-ate the yard. No bees in my backyard now. I've heard hummingbirds this morning but have yet to see one zip by the window.

It's less that fall has come, and more that summer is tired and wants to move on. Or is that just me? 

 

Books Available
Dervish Lions
The Day of My First Driving Lesson
Country Well-Known as an Old Nightmare's Stable
High-Voltage Lines
Knocking from Inside

No comments: